BRAND NEW ONLINE INSTRUCTOR TRAINING COURSE OFFICIALLY LAUNCHING MONDAY 11TH MAY!
Chair dance for EVERYONE!!
We created Seated SOSA Dance Fitness to embrace our philosophy of being fully inclusive, so that EVERYONE can take part in our SOSA Dance Fitness classes.
We use routines that are adaptable for all levels of abilities, with special considerations for older adults, those with long-term health conditions, disabled participants and GP referral / rehabilitation clients.
Seated SOSA Dance Fitness is an authentic International dance fitness programme with a cross genre approach. The seated class structure and spirit reflect our main SOSA Dance Fitness programme, but includes the added bonus of a chair!
- Authentic Dance Moves – All choreography is designed to stay true to the authentic technique of each dance style… just in a CHAIR!
- Fun-packed – Set to a soundtrack of fun & catchy dance tunes to get you singing as well as dancing!
- Promotion of Participants’ Wellbeing – Improve posture, co-ordination and cardiovascular health whilst having fun and meeeting new friends. Seated SOSA will work wonders for both instructors and participants general happiness and welfare!
- Fully inclusive – Adaptable for all degrees of abilities and health conditions, aimed at inspiring older adults and disabled people to be more active
Every routine is broken down into easy-to-learn sections which can be delivered at different speeds and levels of difficulty. With plenty of alternatives and adaptations for those with limited range of movement and balance issues, Seated SOSA provides a safe and effective workout for everyone to enjoy.
Physical activity is incredibly beneficial for everybody, in particular, older adults to help to reduce the impact of illness and chronic disease, prevent memory loss and cognitive decline, and enhance mobility, flexibility and balance. We want to help older adults lead a more independent life, provide much needed social interaction and help improve confidence.
Seated SOSA Dance Fitness is low impact and uses the same ethos as SOSA Dance Fitness, delivering the same brand support, with exclusive content and access to a huge back catalogue of specifically adapted routines.
We are incredibly excited to have created a fabulous new seated dance programme for EVERYBODY to enjoy!
You must be over 18 years of age to train as a Seated SOSA Dance Fitness instructor. To be eligible to teach our Seated SOSA Dance Fitness Training Courses for older adults you will need at least ONE of the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Exercise to Music/Gym
- Level 2 Chair Exercise for Older Adults
- Dance Teaching qualification with a Recognised Awarding Organisation
To work with GP referral and rehab clients you must hold a Level 3 Exercise Referral qualification
To work with disabled participants you mist hold a Level 3 Exercise & Disability qualification
If you work in the social/care home sector, you must hold an equivalent Level 3 qualification
You must also have a valid Enhanced DBS Check (we can apply for one on your behalf if you do not currently have one).
- Legal requirements
- Health & Safety considerations
- Seated SOSA Dance Fitness choreography and class format
- Seated SOSA Dance Fitness teaching model
- How and where to promote Seated SOSA classes
As part of the training and assessment, you are required to complete the following pre-course tasks:
- Read our Seated SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor Training Resource Manual
- Complete a Pre-Course Online Theory Assessment on the basics of dance and fitness for Seniors (multiple choice questions)
- Learn our Seated SOSA Assessment Routine (this will be your final practical assessment at the end of the online training course)
The online course is fun-packed where we will teach you everything you need to know to set up and run your own fabulous Seated SOSA Dance Fitness classes.
During the course, you will learn how to create a Seated SOSA Dance Fitness workout using our core dance styles; Salsa, Samba, Paso Doble and Waltz.
You will learn warm-up and cool down routines, together with choreography & styling tips that are fun, expressive and unique to Seated SOSA Dance Fitness.
This course will enhance your teaching and marketing skills in building and running great seated dance classes, that provide a fun and challenging experience for your participants to keep them coming back for more!
Our BRAND NEW Seated SOSA Dance Fitness ONLINE Instructor Training courses is just £99, with a monthly licence fee of only £15 per month – gain a unique opportunity to inspire all generations to benefit from dance!
As part of your Instructor Licence you will receive:
- Full access to Seated SOSA Dance Fitness brand elements & media tools
- A personal webpage on our website www.sosafitness.co.uk
- A personal sosafitness.co.uk e-mail account
- Social media presence…feature your classes and events on all our social media pages, to spread the word about YOU!
- A FREE digital CD (containing all the tracks in our back catalogue!)
- Full access to our Instructor Academy portal
- Full access to our back catalogue of Instructional videos
- Monthly on-line video releases (2 new choreographed routines every month plus bonus themed routine on an ad hoc basis)
- UNRIVALLED AFTER-CARE SUPPORT
- One-to-one mentoring and support from a member of our Seated SOSA Pro Team
- Instructor Resource Manual
- Starter Marketing Pack
- Access to Seated SOSA Dance Fitness clothing and merchandise at discounted prices
- Access to Seated SOSA Dance Fitness promotional materials at discounted prices
- VIP Invitation to our national events
Just your annual licence fee of £15 per month (or £180 per year) which gives you FULL UNLIMITED access to our Seated SOSA Dance Fitness choreography, content, brand elements and business support. After the initial 12-month period, your licence is continued on a rolling monthly basis, so there is no further contract or tie-in and you are free to cancel your membership at any time.
We are so delighted to announce that SOSA Dance Fitness and Seated SOSA Dance Fitness have been shortlisted as a FINALIST for the National Community Fitness Award for
BEST DANCE BRAND 2020!!
In this unprecedented time of worry and uncertainty, we are SO PROUD to be recognised for our continued hard work and dedication to supporting our instructors and participants all over the world by being shortlisted as a finalist for this prestigious award 💗
We are endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport & Physical Activity (CIMSPA), and can award 10 Developmental CPD points for all of our Instructor Training courses.
Our programme follows the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) Ballroom, Latin & Freetyle syllabus.
We are a Corporate Member of UK Active striving to get more people more active. We are also a Recognised School of the Council for Dance Education & Training, and a Corporate member of One Dance UK working to improve the conditions in which dance is created, performed and experienced.
We are very proud to be working with InstructAbility, to deliver Seated SOSA Dance Fitness instructor training courses to disabled fitness professionals.
We run exclusive Instructor Training courses with InstructAbility for their Graduates, and have trained instructors with a very varied range of disabilities including Multiple Sclerosis, Dyspraxia and visual impairment.
We are delighted that these instructors have gone on to be the most FABULOUS Ambassadors for Seated SOSA Dance Fitness, working with many specialist groups and spreading the joy of dance in their local communities.
We have been trialling and developing Seated SOSA Dance Fitness classes at Everyone Active Stratford Leisure Centre since Spring 2018.
Gary Puddifoot, Exercise & Disability Specialist at the centre, who personally suffers with Multiple Sclerosis, is one of our official Seated SOSA Dance Fitness Ambassadors for the Midlands Region.
The centre has been running Seated SOSA Dance Fitness classes since Spring 2018 on both their members timetable for GP referral and disabled groups, and also as part of their out-reach programme at local care homes, older adult community centres and with disability groups in the Warwickshire area.
We are already working in close partnership with the charity, ActivLives, on Seated SOSA Dance Fitness.
Lindsay Bennett, ActivHubs Development Officer, is one of our offical Seated SOSA Dance Fitness Ambassadors and Master Trainers, and will be leading the accredited Seated SOSA instructor training course across Suffolk.
ActivLives have a fantastic reputation supporting the health and wellbeing of vulnerable and older adults and are extremely committed to helping people to be as independent as possible, improving confidence, health, wellbeing, and providing much-needed social interaction within a friendly day centre activity group.