BE AMONG THE FIRST TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR
AMAZING LAUNCH OFFER!
Join us at the forefront of a fresh, forward-looking SOSA dance movement – creating truly inclusive classes for everyone, and putting the FABULOUS into fitness!
Your SOSA Online Instructor Training Course is a fun-packed, technique-building and fully comprehensive training course, led by Katy Barrow, Principal & Founder of SOSA Dance Fitness. As you’ll soon discover, we are a young, independent dance fitness company and this is such an exciting time to be a part of our amazing and wonderfully diverse team!
Through our new and tailormade Online Training, Katy will share with you absolutely everything you will need to know to build and run your own ‘stand out’ SOSA Dance Fitness classes that are fun, inspiring and full of personality… starting with a fantastic 45-minute Video Masterclass with her so you can see and what it feels like to ‘dance yourself happy!’
You will learn how to create a safe, effective and fabulous SOSA Dance Fitness workout using our six core dance styles; Salsa, Cha-Cha-Cha, Samba, Kizomba, Brazilian Zouk and Rumba. And you will discover some beautiful warm-up and cool down routines, together with choreography and styling tips that are fun, expressive and unique to SOSA Dance Fitness.
We take great pride in delivering the very best calibre of training to you, as a qualified dance or fitness professional. We are confident that our own special brand of SOSA Online Instructor Training will give you a real sense of knowledge sharing at a highly personal level, with the flexibility to complete the modules and assessments at your own pace.
As a qualified SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor you will be equipped with all the knowledge, expertise and motivation you need to launch this single, highly successful class format which doesn’t just cater for but is designed to positively embrace all ages and abilities, shapes and sizes, faiths and cultures.
We are confident that SOSA will play a key role in helping to future-proof your classes with loyal, enthusiastic and committed dance-loving participants for years to come, so don’t delay any longer…
The time to SOSA is most definitely now – so come and join our ever-growing global family of fabulous SOSA Dance Fitness instructors very soon!
SAVE £30 with our SPECIAL LAUNCH OFFER (ends 30th September 2017)
Use coupon code ‘onlinestrictly30’ at the checkout
A dance and/or fitness background is essential. If you have your ETM (exercise to Music) Level 2 qualification or you’re already a qualified dance teacher, you’ll automatically be accepted onto the course.
You must be over 16 years of age to train as a SOSA Dance Fitness instructor. You are eligible to apply to become a SOSA Dance Fitness instructor if you fall into one or more of the following categories:
- You are a qualified dance teacher with a Recognised Awarding Organisation
- You have a minimum of 2 years dance training or dance teaching experience at a semi-professional or professional level
- You are a fitness professional and are qualified Level 2 Exercise to Music, Level 2 Gym or Level 2 Dance Fitness Qualification
- You are a dancer/performer from a theatre or stage school background
- You have a minimum of 10 years dancing experience at an Amateur level
- You have been teaching dance fitness classes for a minimum of two years
You do not have to have any previous Latin or Ballroom dance experience to qualify for the training, but we are looking for people who have passion and flair for these beautiful dance styles.
The total study time for this training course is 12 hours.
There are a total of eight modules to complete:
- Module One – The Masterclass
- Module Two – Steps and Movements
- Module Three – Kizomba
- Module Four – Brazilian Zouk
- Module Five – Samba
- Module Six – Salsa
- Module Seven – Cha-Cha-Cha
- Module Eight – Rumba
Each module consists of a breakdown/demonstration video which you must watch, plus a partnering training manual that is also essential reading. This is followed by a theory assessment that you will need to complete, which will contribute to your final marks and assessment.
Although our modules are presented in an ideal learning curve, you may complete these modules in the order of your choice if this is preferable to you.
There are eight theory assessments to complete, one for each module. Each theory assessment has a total of 10 questions (some multiple choice and some free text questions) and you have a total of 20 minutes to complete each theory assessment. The pass mark is 80% and contributes 5% towards your total mark. You will be given two attempts to complete each theory assessment.
At the end of the course, there will be a Solo Salsa Practical Assessment routine that you will need to learn and demonstrate either by video submission or via Skype. The pass mark is 80% and contributes 60% towards your final mark
SOSA Dance Fitness Online Training is available for only £179 with a monthly licence fee of only £10 per month – gain a unique opportunity to inspire all generations to get up dancing!
As part of your Instructor Licence you will receive:
- Full access to SOSA Dance Fitness brand elements & media tools
- A personal webpage on our website www.sosafitness.co.uk
- A personal sosafitness.co.uk e-mail account
- Social media presence…feature your classes and events on all our social media pages, to spread the word about YOU!
- Your first FREE Pure Energy SOSA CD (containing 25 tracks of our most popular floor-fillers!)
- Full access to our Instructor Academy portal
- Full access to our back catalogue of Instructional videos (100+ choreographed routines)
- Monthly on-line video releases (4 new choreographed routines every month)
- UNRIVALLED AFTER-CARE SUPPORT
- Instructor Resource Manual
- Starter Marketing Pack
- Access to SOSA Dance Fitness clothing and merchandise at discounted prices
- Access to SOSA Dance Fitness promotional materials at discounted prices
- VIP Invitation to our national events
FREE access to our brand new SOSA Dance Fitness Under-16s programme, subject to meeting our pre-requisites.
You will need to hold a valid SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor licence and already be a qualified SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor to teach our Under-16s programme.
Just your annual licence fee of £10 per month (or £120 per year) which gives you FULL UNLIMITED access to our choreography, content, brand elements and business support. After the initial 12-month period, your licence is continued on a rolling monthly basis, so there is no further contract or tie-in and you are free to cancel your membership at any time.
Active IQ and CIMSPA
We are endorsed by Active IQ and CIMSPA, and can award 10 CIMSPA CPD points and 4 REPS CPD points for our Instructor Training courses.
We are a Recognised School of the Council for Dance Education & Training, and a Corporate member of One Dance UK working to improve the conditions in which dance is created, performed and experienced.
EMD Open Bursary
We are affiliated with Exercise Movement and Dance Partnership (EMD UK), who are the Lead National Governing Body for Exercise, Movement and Dance in the UK. All Exercise to Music Level 2 instructors can apply for an Open Bursary to receive up to 50% refund on the cost of our training course!
You can find out more information and apply by clicking the logo