BOOK YOUR PLACE ON ONE OF OUR UPCOMING LIVE INSTRUCTOR TRAINING DAYS NOW
If you’re passionate about inspiring people to get up dancing, feel confident and enjoy being active – you will LOVE your SOSA Live Instructor Training Day!
Developed, designed and delivered by the amazing SOSA founder, Katy Barrow – this is a really full, fun and in-depth Training Course, giving you everything you need to get ready to launch your own fabulous, ‘stand out’ SOSA Dance Fitness classes…
Katy has chosen a small group training format, so that every instructor gets the most out of the day with plenty of time to learn and practise all the authentic dance steps and body styling techniques so that you can teach SOSA confidently and expertly.
The day begins with a fantastic, fun-filled SOSA Masterclass with Katy – immediately giving you a personal insight into what it feels like to ‘dance yourself happy’! As you with see, it really demonstrates how your class will suit ALL ages and ALL abilities on one fabulous class.
After that, you will learn how to create a safe, effective and fun SOSA Dance Fitness workout using our six core dance styles; Salsa, Cha-Cha-Cha, Samba, Kizomba, Brazilian Zouk and Rumba. You will discover some beautiful warm-up and cool down routines as well, together with choreography and styling tips that are fun, expressive and unique to SOSA Dance Fitness.
We take great pride in delivering the very best calibre of training for you, as a qualified dance or fitness professional. And, importantly, we provide an unrivalled instructor support service – including personalised marketing materials – and FULL access to more than 150+ pre-choreographed routines, spanning a spectacular 34 dance styles!
As a qualified SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor you will be equipped with all the knowledge, expertise and motivation you need to launch this single, highly successful class format which doesn’t just cater for but is designed to positively embrace all ages and abilities, shapes and sizes, faiths and cultures.
We are confident that SOSA will play a key role in helping to future-proof your classes with loyal, enthusiastic and committed dance-loving participants for years to come, so don’t delay any longer…
The time to SOSA is most definitely now – so come and join our ever-growing global family of fabulous SOSA Dance Fitness instructors very soon!
So why not check out our upcoming dates for LIVE SOSA Instructor Training Days and Book your place NOW!
If you have any questions at all, or require more information, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us and one of our dedicated team will get back to you very soon.
A dance and/or fitness background is essential. If you have your ETM (exercise to Music) Level 2 qualification or you’re already a qualified dance teacher, you’ll automatically be accepted onto the course.
You must be over 16 years of age to train as a SOSA Dance Fitness instructor. You are eligible to apply to become a SOSA Dance Fitness instructor if you fall into one or more of the following categories:
- You are a qualified dance teacher with a Recognised Awarding Organisation
- You have a minimum of 2 years dance training or dance teaching experience at a semi-professional or professional level
- You are a fitness professional and are qualified Level 2 Exercise to Music, Level 2 Gym or Level 2 Dance Fitness Qualification
- You are a dancer/performer from a theatre or stage school background
- You have a minimum of 10 years dancing experience at an Amateur level
- You have been teaching dance fitness classes for a minimum of two years
You do not have to have any previous Latin or Ballroom dance experience to qualify for the training, but we are looking for people who have passion and flair for these beautiful dance styles.
- Health and Safety
- Legal requirements
- SOSA Dance Fitness choreography and class format
- SOSA Dance Fitness teaching model
- How and where to promote SOSA Dance Fitness classes
As part of the training and assessment, you are required to complete the following pre-course tasks:
- Read our SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor Training Resource Manual
- Complete a Pre-Course Online Theory Assessment on the basics of dance and fitness (multiple choice questions)
- Learn our Solo Salsa Assessment Routine ( this will be your final practical assessment on the training day)
Your instructor training day is a fun-packed intensive one-day course, where we will teach you everything you need to know to set up and run your own SOSA Dance Fitness classes.
During the SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor Training, you will learn how to create a SOSA Dance Fitness workout using our six core dance styles; Salsa, Cha-Cha-Cha, Samba, Kizomba, Brazilian Zouk and Rumba.
You will be taught warm-up and cool down routines, together with choreography & styling tips that are fun, expressive and unique to SOSA Dance Fitness.
SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor Training courses are available for only £149 with a monthly licence fee of only £12 per month – gain a unique opportunity to inspire all generations to get up dancing!
As part of your Instructor Licence you will receive:
- Full access to SOSA Dance Fitness brand elements & media tools
- A personal webpage on our website www.sosafitness.co.uk
- A personal sosafitness.co.uk e-mail account
- Social media presence…feature your classes and events on all our social media pages, to spread the word about YOU!
- Your first FREE Pure Energy SOSA CD (containing 25 tracks of our most popular floor-fillers!)
- Full access to our Instructor Academy portal
- Full access to our back catalogue of Instructional videos (200+ choreographed routines)
- Monthly on-line video releases (4 new choreographed routines every month)
- UNRIVALLED AFTER-CARE SUPPORT
- Instructor Resource Manual
- Starter Marketing Pack
- Access to SOSA Dance Fitness clothing and merchandise at discounted prices
- Access to SOSA Dance Fitness promotional materials at discounted prices
- VIP Invitation to our national events
FREE access to our brand new SOSA Dance Fitness Under-16s programme, subject to meeting our pre-requisites.
You will need to hold a valid SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor licence and already be a qualified SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor to teach our Under-16s programme.
Just your annual licence fee of £12 per month (or £144 per year) which gives you FULL UNLIMITED access to our choreography, content, brand elements and business support. After the initial 12-month period, your licence is continued on a rolling monthly basis, so there is no further contract or tie-in and you are free to cancel your membership at any time.
Active IQ and CIMSPA
We are endorsed by Active IQ and CIMSPA and can award 10 CIMSPA CPD points and 4 REPS CPD points for our Instructor Training courses.
We are a Recognised School of the Council for Dance Education & Training, and a Corporate member of One Dance UK working to improve the conditions in which dance is created, performed and experienced.
EMD Open Bursary
We are affiliated with Exercise Movement and Dance Partnership (EMD UK), who are the Lead National Governing Body for Exercise, Movement and Dance in the UK. All Exercise to Music Level 2 instructors can apply for an Open Bursary to receive up to 50% refund on the cost of our training course!
You can find out more information and apply by clicking the logo