BOOK YOUR PLACE ON ONE OF OUR UPCOMING INSTRUCTOR TRAINING COURSES NOW
Are you passionate about inspiring the nation to get up dancing, feel confident and enjoy being active?
We are looking for FABULOUS fitness instructors and dancers like YOU to meet the HUGE demand we have for SOSA Dance Fitness classes all over the country.
Our programme is completely unique, bringing Salsa, Latin, Ballroom, and other international dance styles together to create one fantastic fusion of dance.
Easy to follow, fun-packed routines, all set to a fabulous soundtrack to get you singing, shimmying and shaking your maracas!
Specifically choreographed to be low impact, providing a safe and effective workout suitable for all shapes, sizes, ages and abilities.
Learn beautiful dance styles without the need for a partner!
What’s more, if you teach adults and children, you receive FREE access to our brand new Under-16s programme!
This means you get two programmes and therefore two revenue streams for the price of one (subject to meeting our pre-requisites).
A dance and/or fitness background is essential. If you have your ETM (exercise to Music) Level 2 qualification or you’re already a qualified dance teacher, you’ll automatically be accepted onto the course.
You must be over 16 years of age to train as a SOSA Dance Fitness instructor. You are eligible to apply to become a SOSA Dance Fitness instructor if you fall into one or more of the following categories:
- You are a qualified dance teacher with a Recognised Awarding Organisation
- You have a minimum of 2 years dance training or dance teaching experience at a semi-professional or professional level
- You are a fitness professional and are qualified Level 2 Exercise to Music, Level 2 Gym or Level 2 Dance Fitness Qualification
- You are a dancer/performer from a theatre or stage school background
- You have a minimum of 10 years dancing experience at an Amateur level
- You have been teaching dance fitness classes for a minimum of two years
You do not have to have any previous Latin or Ballroom dance experience to qualify for the training, but we are looking for people who have passion and flair for these beautiful dance styles.
- Health and Safety
- Legal requirements
- SOSA Dance Fitness choreography and class format
- SOSA Dance Fitness teaching model
- How and where to promote SOSA Dance Fitness classes
As part of the training and assessment, you are required to complete the following pre-course tasks:
- Read our SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor Training Resource Manual
- Complete a Pre-Course Online Theory Assessment on the basics of dance and fitness (multiple choice questions)
- Learn our Solo Salsa Assessment Routine ( this will be your final practical assessment on the training day)
Your instructor training day is a fun-packed intensive one-day course, where we will teach you everything you need to know to set up and run your own SOSA Dance Fitness classes.
During the SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor Training, you will learn how to create a SOSA Dance Fitness workout using our six core dance styles; Salsa, Cha-Cha-Cha, Samba, Kizomba, Brazilian Zouk and Rumba.
You will be taught warm-up and cool down routines, together with choreography & styling tips that are fun, expressive and unique to SOSA Dance Fitness.
SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor Training courses are available for only £179 with a monthly licence fee of only £10 per month – gain a unique opportunity to inspire all generations to get up dancing!
As part of your Instructor Licence you will receive:
- Full access to SOSA Dance Fitness brand elements & media tools
- A personal webpage on our website www.sosafitness.co.uk
- A personal sosafitness.co.uk e-mail account
- Social media presence…feature your classes and events on all our social media pages, to spread the word about YOU!
- Your first FREE Pure Energy SOSA CD (containing 25 tracks of our most popular floor-fillers!)
- Full access to our Instructor Academy portal
- Full access to our back catalogue of Instructional videos (100+ choreographed routines)
- Monthly on-line video releases (4 new choreographed routines every month)
- UNRIVALLED AFTER-CARE SUPPORT
- Instructor Resource Manual
- Starter Marketing Pack
- Access to SOSA Dance Fitness clothing and merchandise at discounted prices
- Access to SOSA Dance Fitness promotional materials at discounted prices
- VIP Invitation to our national events
FREE access to our brand new SOSA Dance Fitness Under-16s programme, subject to meeting our pre-requisites.
You will need to hold a valid SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor licence and already be a qualified SOSA Dance Fitness Instructor to teach our Under-16s programme.
Just your annual licence fee of £10 per month (or £120 per year) which gives you FULL UNLIMITED access to our choreography, content, brand elements and business support. After the initial 12-month period, your licence is continued on a rolling monthly basis, so there is no further contract or tie-in and you are free to cancel your membership at any time.
Active IQ and CIMSPA
We are endorsed by Active IQ and CIMSPA and can award 10 CIMSPA CPD points and 4 REPS CPD points for our Instructor Training courses.
We are a Recognised School of the Council for Dance Education & Training, and a Corporate member of One Dance UK working to improve the conditions in which dance is created, performed and experienced.
EMD Open Bursary
We are affiliated with Exercise Movement and Dance Partnership (EMD UK), who are the Lead National Governing Body for Exercise, Movement and Dance in the UK. All Exercise to Music Level 2 instructors can apply for an Open Bursary to receive up to 50% refund on the cost of our training course!
You can find out more information and apply by clicking the logo